Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our Christmas tree has been up for about 2 weeks or so ... I so enjoy the serenity that I get from having the tree lights on and no noise in the house... maybe some soft music playing!
I thought it would be cool to share some of my favorite Christmas "ornaments" with you all. My style is certainly eclectic - I do not have a "themed" tree - Hey! Maybe I do! The theme is "all those things I love!" I like that and I'm stickin' to it!

This birdhouse was made for me many years ago by my "baby" brother - he died from melanoma 13 years ago this past fall! This birdhouse has always had a special place on my tree - front row and center! He loved the birds as much as I do - maybe more! - he actually raised peacocks, doves of all kinds; and other "strange" birds. I miss him - but Praise God! I'll see him again some day! WoooHooo!
[didn't mean to go all sentimental on yah.]
This "ball " is also something he made... I have other "pieces" around the house that were from him ... he loved to work with wood as well - somday I'll show you some of that stuff!I really like the old fashioned Father Christmas ... I had 2 of these; however, our Buster (Border Collie) got hold of one this year and he is no more! {The Santa, not the dog! LOL!}
This one hangs high on the tree so he can't get at it.
My life-long career was in the Nursing field ... first in acute care, then long-term care, and for the last 25 years of my career in Nursing Education! I feel very blessed to have had the opportunities I had over my career to help people and to teach and ... so much more! This was a gift - isnt she cute?
Here is another one! I graduated in 1970 from a 3-year diploma program - in those days we wore white uniforms and caps with our black bands - my, we were proud of our caps! Had to have the cape too! I can remember walking with my uniform and cape, feeling such a sense of pride in my chosen profession. I sometimes think that is missing today. And I know it has nothing to do with the uniform etc, etc but something has been lost over the years. She looks just like I did 40 years ago!
I also adore angels... I have no biological sisters but the gal that made this angel for me - so many years ago has been my "sister" for almost 40 years... [Love yah, Myra! ]
Isn't she beautiful?
This large glass ornament is so simple and yet so elegant...
I met my now hubby 14 years ago this month ... he gave me a candle and a couple cardinals for Christmas... here is one of the cardinals - maybe that is why they are so special to me! It wasn't until maybe 3-4 years ago that I ever saw a real live cardinal and I love them! I feel that God is blessing me everytime I see one!
I could show you so much more - if you are still reading and looking - thank you for that! Here is our tree...
I have a nativity scene that I display each December. It is ceramic & I painted all the pieces to it... here are the wisemen!
If you would like to see a picture of the whole scene click on the link below - it is the header of "This Is The Day Rejoice" http://thisisthedayrejoice.com/
Thanks for visiting with me today!
Wishing you a blessed Christmas filled with joy and peace and love!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment